Sunday, August 26, 2012

IT Works: A Review from a MAJOR Skeptic

Seriously. This is NOT A SCAM! I thought it was, of course. Because losing inches in 45 minutes sounds absolutely bogus, especially for someone like me who is in grad school getting a Master's in Exercise and Nutrition Science. 



My friend Kelly (shout out!) sells IT Works body wraps and of course I was intrigued as soon as Micah popped out of my...belly. 

In all honesty, I had to be the biggest skeptic of all because I truly believe in eating clean and exercising. But the more I researched and looked into it, the more I thought that it could possibly be something that worked as an added bonus to a healthy lifestyle. 

HOW DOES IT WORK?
* Your skin is the biggest organ in your body and has an amazing capacity with absorption
* EVERYONE has something called "adipose tissue" directly underneath your skin (epidermis if you want to get all technical). In layman's terms, this is FAT
* We need some fat to survive, for a little cushioning, and as an emergency backup in case of famine
* Most of us have too much of that adipose tissue and have a lifetime's worth of toxins built up in each fat cell
* YOU CANNOT LOSE A FAT CELL. Once a fat cell is created, it is there forever. Our bodies can make fat cells endlessly, but they will never go away. Scary, I know. Explains a lot too :)
* YOU CAN SHRINK A FAT CELL. This can happen in many ways. Exercise and diet being the best way
* These wraps work by being absorbed into the skin and shrinking the fat cells by flushing out the toxins  in each individual fat cell. 
* YOU MUST drink water if you do these wraps. Maybe you'll get results if you don't. But HELLO? Water flushes out our system and we all should be drinking water anyway. 


Here is a picture of my results

The second photo was after the second wrap. Mainly because the other picture I took was blurry. I lost two inches from each thigh!!! Actually, I probably lost more than that but I was so skeptical that I didnt' mark where I took my measurements like I was supposed to. 

I'm not going to make this blog super long and go into details about the ins and outs. If you want to know that...google it yourself. Be prepared to find people who say its a scam. And those people probably didn't drink water and eat like crap. Just sayin' :) But also prepared to see some awesome results!



And the question you ALL have in your heads right now..HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
* A pack of 4 costs $99. So about $25 each
* OR you could go the route I did and become a "loyal customer". Promise to buy something once a month for 3 months and you get 4 for $59. 


Got questions? Go ahead, ask. I'm not selling them....yet. I probably will be soon because as far as I can see, this produce is pretty AMAZING


No comments:

Post a Comment