Saturday, August 11, 2012

30 Day Shred Review and Results

Most of you all know who Jillian Michaels is yes? The lady on the TV show "The Biggest Loser" who makes someone cry every season. In case you didn't know, she has some workout videos. One of them is called the 30 Day Shred. Last month I completed my first Olympic Distance Triathlon (YAY!). 


This was taken before the mile swim, 26 mile bike ride and 6 mile run. Trust me, you don't want to see the after picture!


However, I was SOOOO done with working out 1-2 hours 5 days a week. I wanted a quick workout so I could just be done! Several of my friends have been talking about Jillian's 30 day shred so I figured why not give it a shot? It's only 25 minutes a day so that didn't sound so bad! 

                                                 


MY BEFORE PICTURE: AFTER DAY 1 OF 30 DAY SHRED




MY "AFTER" PICTURE: AFTER DAY 23 OF 30 DAY SHRED
(I have had amazing results and still a week left to go!)


I've still got a week left and already lost an inch off of each arm, lots of definition in my stomach, and feel stronger. I will admit that the first week I was a bit confused and LITERALLY did the workout for 10 straight days! With NO rest day. After some research I found out you are supposed to do 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 1 day REST. Much more doable. :)

MY REVIEW:

PRO'S
- Quick workout- only 25 minutes!
- Fast results- I lost an inch from each arm in the first 10 days
- Can do the workout at home- you do need a pair of dumbells. I used only 3 pounds (sometimes 5)
- Each level is on YouTube!- this means you can do it for free
- She has modifications of nearly every exercise- I did the modified version on nearly all of them. 

CON'S
- 3 girls with "perfect" bodies working out in front of you. Making it look easy peasy
- NO break. You literally go for 25 minutes straight. You gotta push it! Push it real good!
- There's not nearly enough stretching at the end. Make sure to stretch longer after you finish the video




It's been real fun Jillian, but I honestly won't be sad to say goodbye to you next week and HELLO to a new workout regimen! 

Which reminds me to remind YOU....Remember to switch your workouts!!! Your muscles have memory and this is where you begin to have that plateau if you're not careful. Happy Working Out!


2 comments:

  1. Great job, Tara!! I'm still afraid of Jillian, but I'm hoping I can conquer the fear soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There were times I had some choice words for Jillian. I said "I hate you Jillian" several times! haha. In all honesty, it wasn't that bad. You should youtube level 1 of the 30 day shred sometime soon and see. :) You'll do awesome

      Delete