Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mono and Weight Loss: Do They Mix?

Mono and Weight Loss: Do They Mix?

Apparently, YES! As you know, I previously started a 60 day slimdown and promised to take you on my journey. Little did I know that I would contract mono in the last week of Month 1. Sad day.

And little did I know that I would STILL see results with zero exercise, lots of laying around on my bum (i.e. resting!), and continuing my healthy diet (complete with sweet cece's tart froyo ice cream in moderation of course).

I have heard that missing a week or two of an exercise program shouldn't hinder your weightloss as long as you continue to eat clean. But let's get real, that sounds BOGUS. At least, it did to me. If you've ever truly had mono, you know that it is just physically impossible to exercise. You're exhausted. Couple that with having a baby that is nowhere near sleeping through the night and I was for sure not going near a treadmill.

So, BE ENCOURAGED! YOU CAN STILL LOSE WEIGHT/INCHES IF YOU "FALL OFF THE BANDWAGON" (the exercise bandwagon that is. You still, "Gotta eat your spinach. babbbyyyyyy")

Although the results weren't monumental, numbers still were going down. In the 3 weeks that I had mono I lost 5 pounds. Here are my stats after my bout with mono:

Weight: 192
Arm: 13 in (1/2 inch lost)
Chest: 38 in ( 1. 5 inches lost)
Neck: 33.25 in (.25 in lost)
Waist: 33.25 (.25 in lost)
Hips: 44.5 (.5 in gained)
*everything else was the same

2 inches total and 5 pounds lost. YEEHAW! I'd say that's better than gaining wouldn't you?

Here's the pics...

                                                    YAY!!! NO MORE MONO!!!!


                                                             



Stay tuned for the end of my 60 day slimdown next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment